Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Multitasking is a Must

If you must know, I am sitting in what is considered the food court or commons area of the university I attend, eating a bowl of some kind of orange, cheesy, chalk-full of chemicals and probably-not-good-for-you soup of the day.  Yum, right?



It was either this or two other options that were equally as appetizing.  Makes me want to hit the track and run a mile afterwards just to ensure I don't clog my arteries. and stroke out before class

I've just finished purchasing not one, not two, but EIGHT different texts for two of the three classes I am enrolled for.  I am now again, after this piggy bank breaker, broke.
 



What ever happened to keeping it simple?

 


While struggling to haul my horribly unhealthy food choices and three bags of academic literature to a table near an electrical outlet, I receive a call.

Guess who wants me to drop everything and come into work?

Nuh uh, honey.

First day of classes back- last semester to complete. Philosophy, Ethics, and Studio Art.



With the 16 credit hours in-class and one online course, I am also working 40 hours.
It leaves me wondering how this is even possible.  If I can juggle training new employees, hostesses that don't answer the phones, and super high-mainenance (yes, this is another word for needy) tables... I think I might just be able to manage.


Hopefully this semester goes by as quickly as a busy shift.


-LM


Photo Credit:
Piggy Bank Breaker-
www.fwallpapers.com
What is Philosophy?- Warren Tang's Blog- www.warren.chinalle.com
Clip from Billy Madison starring Adam Sandler

No comments:

Post a Comment