Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Excuse Me, Miss!?

So I would consider myself to have been raised in a pretty religious house.
Funny, right? With the way I sling the G-D's and my absolutely irresistable trucker's mouth, who would have guessed?!

Anyway, a table of eight walked into The Valley today. Just another day in paradise.
This woman has the undeniably darkest black smudge just smeared across her forehead. And when I say "smeared," I literally mean ingrained and embedded in her pores.  She'll be breaking out for days.

My first thought was,
What the hell is wrong with her friends? Didn't anyone say something?
It is one of those awkward moments that caused you to say "OH" and hold your breath, all the while biting your knuckle in hopes someone else will comment before you have to.

But it hit me.

Yesterday was Fat Tuesday. You know- Paczkis. Beads. MARDI GRAS?
What follows for us Catholics?
Ash Wednesday.

Yes, that's right. Ash Wednesday. Those were ashes, and I am not only a horrible non-practicing Catholic, but an asshole as well.  The thing is, those ashes are supposed  to be drawn on in the shape of a cross- not this unrecognizable blob of "WTF" that I'm staring at, dumbfounded. But hell, I'm still laughing about it as I write this blog so smite me, Almighty One!



There's my "Blonde Moment" for the day...

Or at least for the afternoon. Now that I've confesseed to that minor blunder, I feel as though my slate is wiped clean and I just made room for error later on, if need be.

To each their own!

-LM


Photo Credit:
http://i.goldstar.com/gse_media/113/0/fat-tuesday-920.jpg?q=30&h=520&w=920

"Possibly Insane Thoughts On Ash Wednesday"
http://laughingwater.org/2012/02/23/possibly-insane-thoughts-on-ash-wednesday/

No comments:

Post a Comment